Most people have horrible diets naturally. Advertisers focus on creating better tastes at the cost of your health. And generally people will only begin to change their diet if something is physically wrong. There are a lot of problem foods that you’ll likely have to address in order to help cure your acne problem.
While food rarely affects acne directly, they tend to create certain conditions in your body that make it easier for acne to form. This has a large focus on hormone production. Next to heredity, hormones play one of the biggest roles when it comes to the formation of acne. The foods you eat influence the production of those hormones, which is where acne cleansing diets commonly come into play.
Acne-causing foods, minerals, and macronutrients:
- High quantities of fat. This is especially true of saturated fats. Eating unsaturated fats in moderation can actually help.
- High quantities of salt.
- Iodine, this is often at elevated levels during acne breakouts. One of the more significant sources of your iodine intake is likely found in your salt shaker (or in other foods with iodized salt in them).
- Fried foods, there are often so many bad things for you in them that you’d have to take your pick which one was causing your acne.
- Peanut products. Peanuts increase androgen hormones. Androgens stimulate the sebaceous glands, responsible for the production of sebum or oil.
- Dairy products. These have gobs of hormones in them naturally, in addition to stimulating testosterone and androgens. Additionally, they will form a lining in the small intestines that reduce the absorption of nutrients needed to fight off acne.
- Sugar. Sugar raises insulin levels and raised insulin levels in turn affect hormones. Not only that, but large amounts of sugar can suppress the immune system, decreasing healthy bacteria and leading to skin problems.
- Caffeine. This dries the skin, but your body tends to overcompensate.
- Alcohol. This is also a diuretic that causes the same problems that caffeine does.
- Sugar substitutes. The same great taste as sugar, but twice the problems! These contain all sorts of toxic chemicals, aspartame being among the worst.
- Red meats. These provide you with more hormones and more acid. The more acidic an environment in your body, the more likely you are to have a problem with acne.
Reminder: While avoiding problem foods can help reduce pimple formation, eliminating it entirely is more complicated. To learn more about an unconventional approach, proven to work for permanent acne elimination, check out the acne diet report.