Acne isn’t pretty, but some types of foods can actually help to reduce it. More often than not, acne is caused by excess of the negative than absence of the positive though. Some of these recommendations will combat or flush away the problems in the body that cause zits, only a few can improve your natural ability to fight off acne.
Warning: Do exercise moderation when consuming the spices, vitamins and minerals suggested. Some vitamins are fat soluble so after a certain point they cease to be of use and become absorbed by the body, possibly causing problems. Some minerals can become toxic when taken in excess. Very low insulin levels can cause a hypoglycemic episode which benefits no one, so if you’re following all of the recommendations, don’t overdo the spices. It isn’t that these are particularly dangerous vitamins or minerals, the same can be said for many when taken in excess, but certain amounts of them can provide major benefits.
Things to consume on the anti-acne diet include:
- A fair amount of fiber. Fiber helps to keep your system cleaner by pushing out toxins.
- Certain spices that reduce insulin levels. These include things like cayenne pepper, garlic, and ginger. Having low insulin levels won’t necessarily reduce pimples, but these spices can help overcome any mistakes you might make throughout the day.
- Natural foods. Most of these recommendations are based on what is known or at least observed, however there is little known about how the body reacts to many of the chemicals added to processed foods. Some of them are highly likely to mess with your body chemistry and hormone levels though, so stay on the safe side. Eating a variety of natural foods also provides many helpful nutrients that you might not otherwise get.
- Foods high in certain vitamins and minerals. Some of the helpful vitamins are vitamins A, E, and B6. The helpful minerals include selenium, zinc, and chromium.
- Lots of water. Water improves almost every function of the body in addition to flushing away toxins that may end up clogging your pores.
- Large quantities of protein. Protein helps to reduce the production of an enzyme that increases the production of oil in your body. Do be careful about the types of protein you ingest as red meat does contain hormones. Any number of other animals may as well, depending on who you buy from.
- Decaffeinated green tea. I don’t know what it is about green tea, but many who started drinking it regularly report a serious improvement when it comes to their acne.
Reminder: While key vitamins and nutrients can help reduce your skin’s problems, eliminating it entirely is more complicated. To learn more about an unconventional solution to the acne problem, check out the acne diet report.